Dr. Rafael Ruíz Orellana
Specialist in General Surgery and Digestive System with MIR training at the University Hospital of Malaga.
Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Malaga, where he completed doctoral studies in the Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Pathology.
- Dr. Ruiz Orellana has participated in many courses and seminars of his specialty with numerous communications to congresses, papers and publications. He has been a collaborating researcher in several research projects.
- With regard to his professional activity, he has worked in several hospitals in Almeria and Malaga: Hospital Universitario de Malaga, Hospital Virgen del Mar de Almeria, Hospital Regional Torrecárdenas de Almeria and Hospital Costa del Sol de Marbella.
- His professional development has been especially oriented to advanced laparoscopic surgery, being able to offer his patients the advantages of laparoscopic surgery in emergency surgery, biliary surgery, colon and rectum surgery, esophagogastric surgery, splenopancreatic surgery, abdominal wall surgery (inguinal hernia and eventrations) and obesity surgery (gastric banding and laparoscopic gastric bypass).
- He is a member of the Spanish Association of Surgeons (AEC), the Section of Endoscopic Surgery of the AEC and the Spanish Society of Obesity Surgery (SECO).
- He is currently in charge of the General and Digestive Surgery Service at the USP Hospital in Marbella.