Dr. José Montes Jiménez
Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, MIR. Residency at the Virgen del Rocío Hospital, Seville.
In 1986 he obtained his doctorate in medicine and surgery at the University of Seville, at the same university but in 1992 he graduated in orthodontics. 5 years later, but in the same university he did a doctoral thesis with the distinction "cum laude".
Since 1993 he is a doctor specialized in oral and maxillofacial surgery in the Carlos Haya hospital complex and is a visiting professor in the Virgen del Rocío Hospital (surgery) and the School of Stomatology (Oral Surgery). He has been responsible for the departments of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the hospitals of St. Helena and Xanit. He has completed a total of 5 Masters in Implantology.
- Multiple publications in national and international journals.
- Co-author of 5 chapters in books on his field of experience.
- Member of Organizing Committees and Scientific Committees of various conferences with more than 90 white papers presented at
- national and international conferences as experts in the fields of implantology and reconstructive surgery and approaches to the base of
- the skull and orbits.
- Tarma Prize for the best work: "transfacial approaches to the base of the skull and orbit surgery". This prize is awarded annually by the
- Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Director of several advanced courses in implantology, coordinator and co-director of several master's degrees in implantology at the
- University of Barcelona and member of the Scientific Committee of commercial implantology companies.
- Presentation of his own larger clinical study developed with zygomatic implants in Andalusia at the conference held by the Andalusian
- Society of Maxillofacial and National-International Surgery of the Spanish Society of Implants in November 2010.